Monday, October 10, 2016

Advertisement Reflection

Looking back at this week, I learned a lot about how advertisers use the rhetorical triangle to build up their ethos/logos/pathos. These factors play a large roll in persuading an audience into thinking that the product being advertised is needed. Ms. Moccia showed us advertisements regarding animal abuse and climate change. These kinds of advertisements tend to lean towards the pathos side of the triangle. This is due to the fact that the ideas regarding these topics are most easily expressed when appealing to an audiences emotions, such as fear or empathy. Image result for climate change ad

1 comment:

  1. I concur that many advertisements use pathos as their main rhetoric to promote their idea or product. I also like how you provided an afvertisement botvdiecussedvib class to show that you are truly able to detect pathos in an advertisement. What lasting affects do you think pathos has on the viewer compared to ethos and pathos? Generally, I think ethos is easier to remember. Advertisements usually use celebrities to promote a product, which is easier to kept on the mind of the viewer (because they'll always associate that product with that celebrity). Being that this is a climate change ad, what affect do you think ethos would have had? Do you think the pathos is understandable or powerful enough? Do you think the af could have benefitted from any other sort of rhetoric?

    ReplyDelete