Sunday, September 25, 2016
Reflection: Clinton vs Trump
Although I am not a Trump fan, I have been constantly trying to remind myself "Trump is terrible. Trump is terrible." This is the case because in class, we have been analyzing Trump and Clinton's republican and democratic speeches. I found myself being put to sleep during Clintons but this is not the case while reading Trump's. His use of pathos and ethos really compliment the type of person he is and is obviously the most efficient way of conveying his messages. He flat out states what needs fixing and is not shy to say that he's the person who is going to be able to fix it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I can relate to your sentiment regarding Trump. I feel the constant need to reminds myself that Trump is a terrible person; in fact, I believe that is the reason why people choose not to like his speech despite the fact that it was effective is his effort to display himself as the beat candidate. I can also concur that Clinton's speech suffered from simple structure and diction and lacked any proposal to fix the problems she brought up.
ReplyDeleteAdding on to what Danny and Saud said regarding the effectiveness of Donald Trump's speech, it seems to me like his speech was written with the goal of inspiring Americans in mind. Although they may not be avid fans of Trump, his speech definitely deserves respect from both sides of the political spectrum. I would have to agree with Danny when he says Hillary Clinton's speech put him to sleep. Reading her speech in class made me forget what the subject was about since most of her speech had to do with her personal life. Yet with Trump, one knows exactly what he's talking about, Trump doesn't waste any time on personal matters. Instead, he focuses on the current state of affairs and improving the future of America. Trump is a very direct, very blunt person who says exactly what's on his mind without compromising his ideas. I believe this is an attractive feature that a country leader should have. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhy-xQbQ14s -Here is a link to one of Donald Trump's interviews. He's asked questions regarding NATO, his relationship with Vladimir Putin, and The Democratic Convention. Throughout the interview Trump does hold back on how he feels about a particular subject, he's aggressive in the way he speaks. The manner of which he upholds himself is evident across all platforms, whether he's doing an interview or speaking to the public, etc. Trump's dominant appeal is what I think many people find attractive in a leader and enough reason to cast their vote on him.
ReplyDelete